1 of lumber or stone or hides; not finished or dressed; "undressed granite"; "undressed hides"
- having partially or completed removed one's clothes
- (of a wall etc) of which the surface has not been dressed (prepared)
- past tense and past participle of "to undress"
Undressed is a television series on MTV that was first broadcast in 1999. It was an anthology series that followed the relationships (both sexual and romantic) of young people, often high schoolers, college students, and twenty somethings in the Los Angeles area. The series was controversial for its frank discussions about sex, including depictions of promiscuous behavior between teens, as well as gay and lesbian relationships. The show's Head Writers were Michael Grodner and Swith Bell, while Neil Landau served as the co-head writer.
Each season had several recurring characters with each episode focused on two or three specific characters with plotlines presented as interleaved vignettes. Undressed ran for 6 seasons, from Monday, 26 July, 1999 to Thursday, 5 September, 2002. The final season of the series was produced in Canada.
All six seasons, starting with season one, are being made available online for free viewing, at UndressedTV.com , since in April, 2008.
Notable cast members
- Erica Hubbard appeared as Jenny for one episode in Season one.
- Sarah Lancaster, who played Liz in Season 1, had roles in Scrubs and What About Brian, and is now playing Ellie Bartowski on the NBC show Chuck.
- July 1999 - September 1999
- February 2000 - March 2000
- July 2000 - August 2000
- January 2001 - March 2001
- July 2001 - September 2001
- June 2002 - September 2002
undressed in German: Undressed – Wer mit wem?
bald, bare, blank, clothesless, crude, decollete, disrobed, en deshabille, garbless, garmentless, half-clothed, in dishabille, low-cut, naked, nude, nudish, raimentless, raw, rough, roughhewn, rude, stark-naked, strapless, stripped, topless, unadorned, unadulterated, unarrayed, unattired, uncased, unclad, unclothed, uncomplicated, undecked, undecorated, undraped, unembellished, unfashioned, unfinished, unformed, unfurbished, ungarbed, ungarmented, ungarnished, unhewn, unornamented, unpolished, unrobed, unsophisticated, untrimmed, unvarnished, unworked